Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Can't Believe It!

Ever heard of Harris Teeter? It's a grocery store chain that's relatively new to my area. I always thought of it as a rather high-end store so had never gone in there. This week as I was researching CVS and Walgreen's deals I happened upon a website where I learned that Harris Teeter would be running a special promotion where they would be tripling coupons (up to $0.75). So I thought I'd try my hand at that. In two separate trips I purchased the following:

4 Packs Reynolds Baking Cups
4 French’s Classic Yellow Mustard
16 cans Campbell’s Tomato soup
8 cans Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup
9 Keebler Ready Crusts
5 lbs Johnsonville Breakfast Links
7 loaves Arnold Whole Grains Bread
9 packages Pillsbury Grands! Frozen Biscuits
1 Mahatma Jasmine Rice 2 lbs
6 packs Carl Buddig Cold Cuts
4 Viva Big Rolls

Cash out of pocket $48.30
Value of groceries: $221.90!!!!

I think I may have found a new money saving method to pursue...

momoften

4 comments:

Jackie said...

WOW! That's a 75% discount! Good for you, Laurie!

Jackie

Momoften said...

Thanks, Jackie! I'm pretty pleased with my results!

Chalcedony1213 said...

Not sure where you are exactly but in Dallas, TX my price book says those would only cost me 77.87 without coupons on a good day at Kroger. Still you saved about 40% even that way.

Momoften said...

Must be nice! Yeah, we live near DC where the cost of living is pretty high.